Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On your mark get set GO!

When we were holding the fundraiser for Connor we were lead to The Prayer Child Foundation. They donated $1000 to help Connor get his insulin pump. Last Saturday April 9th there was a Prayer Child run held to raise money for other children in need. Connor was invited to be the special ambassador and to count down the start of the race.

As they introduced Connor my heart just swelled with pride. We've come so far in the last few months. I was proud of how courageous he is and how strong he is. As his story was told I saw several people wipe their eyes, moved to tears by my cute 9 year old son. When asked if he'd like to say anything, all he could say was, "I'm just so glad to have my pump!"

It was raining and so very cold. You could see your breath! Crazy weather since it was only a few days before that the temperature was hovering around 100 degrees. That being said the bad weather didn't stop people from coming. There was still a great turn out.


He was so excited to be able to count down to start the race. Who wouldn't want to hold a bullhorn and yell at a bunch of strangers? 



Despite the cold and the rain it was such a fun day. What an amazing honor this was. I hope that the run raised a ton of money to be able to help other children with medical needs. The prayer child foundation was such a blessing to our family and to Connor. I hope that many children will feel of the love and hope that we have been witness to.

No comments:

Post a Comment